Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hospital Pictures

So here are a few pictures from the hospital. Some people have asked about the det

ails so I will give you some, just not the yucky ones. :) So since I was being induced I was told to call the hospital at 6:00 a.m. I guess it was a busy night because they kept telling me to call back. Finally at 9:00 a.m. I could go in. They weren't in any hurry so they didn't hook me up to the pitocin until 11:00 a.m. Brian and were getting pretty antsy by then. Now with Elise I was induced also but with her I was determined to go natural so I did for about 6 hours and then broke down for the epidural. And 2 hours after I got it Elise was born. So I figured if I got the epidural pretty soon I would have this baby around the same amount of hours. So pretty much every time my nurse came in I would mention things like, " So epidurals are really nice." etc. I'm pretty sure I made it clear I wanted one. I still didn't get one for a few hours, but I wasn't feeling contractions. I think I had the epidural for around 5 hours. I was in labor for about 11 1/2 hours! A lot longer than with Elise. This kid just didn't want to come! Around hour 10 her heart rate started to drop with every contraction so they tried repositioning me several times and they game me some oxygen. It took about an hour before her heart rate started to come back up. No one (including the doctor) wanted to say it be we were all thinking I would need a c-section. Thankfully she bounced back and around that time my epidural ran out! So I was feeling a lot of stuff, but I was at 10 cm. So they gave a shot in my IV to take the edge off and refilled my epidural thingy. And I started to push, thankfully I pushed 3 times and she was here. I was in labor and delivery so long I went through 3 different nurses! When Melody arrived we discovered she has a cyst on her gums, she was born with a little extra love. But we are working on getting the "love" removed. She is a great baby and is now starting to gain weight. Elise didn't really care about her the first few times she came to the hospital to see her, but now she just loves her. She always wants to give her loves and is very willing to be helpful when possible. We have had a few "moments" with her. (AKA: sending her to her room!) But were all adjusting and everyday is pretty good. We love Melody and just can't get enough of her!

4 comments:

Cami said...

I recognize those shirts! :) I'm so glad everything went well and you didn't have to have a c-section. She is so stinkin cute and I wish we could be there to hold her.

Hayley Neil said...

She is so pretty! Great job Ann! Sounds like a pretty crazy labor and delivery. I am glad you didn't have to get a c-section and she was a healthy girl! So did they already remove the cyst? What did they say causes that? I am super curious. You are a beautiful mom with some darling girls! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Cute pictures. Glad to hear that Elise is being a good big sister! I am sorry you had to be in labor for so long, very glad that she made it here safe and sound and the "natural" way (not c-section). Melody is a real sweetie pie, can't wait to see you in a couple months!!

The Steeds said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing great and that everything seems to be going well. My advice for you is to take it easy and to embrace the clutter in your home. (It will be there for months to come. :))

Blog Archive