Friday, October 3, 2008

Grandad Chapman


Yesterday my Grandad Chapman passed away. He was 84 years old, and he and my grandma were coming up on their 60th wedding anniversary next month. He was the only grandfather I have had in this life. A few years ago in high school I wrote a paper on his life and I was so happy I did it. Grandad didn't really talk about himself very often, you normally had to pry it out of him. I learned a lot about him serving in WWII but also about the jobs he held (like a radio announcer, I still can't imagine that!) But the most important of all he loved the gospel and always kept up the changes in the church. He would always quiz us on how many temples the church has. He loved playing Yahtzee, and giving kisses on the cheek. Although I will miss him I'm happy he's not in anymore pain. A well known quote from him is and will always be,

"For crying out loud!"

I love you Grandad.

2 comments:

AZCougarFan said...

Ann - I am sorry for your loss. Know that you and your family will be in the thoughts and prayers of or our family.
Love,
Jason, Jen, Gavin, and Sugar :)

Hayley Neil said...

So sorry Ann. It is hard to lose a loved one no matter what, even when they are ready to go. Our prayers are with you and your family. Love you.

Blog Archive