Friday, February 20, 2009

What would you do?

Ok so we've been house hunting for over a month and a half now. Put offers on 5 homes and been under contract once and then backed out since there was oober amounts of mold under the kitchen sink. So we've been waiting to hear on 2 homes if our offer has been accepted. Now they both have similar layouts but one has very nice finishes with an awesome master bath, but the yard and the basement are not finished. The other house has "normal" finishes but 1/2 the basement is finished and the yard is fully landscaped. Were getting to the point that we don't know what to do if both our offers are accepted. So for grins and giggles I was just wondering what you would pick? I'm mainly doing this to keep me from going totally crazy waiting to hear from the bank. So just humor me for the time being. :)

5 comments:

Royce and Annika said...

I'd probably choose the one with the awesome bathroom and not finished stuff--that way you get to finish it the way you want! Although that can be expensive . . .

Oh, and not to put a damper on things, but we waited a month and a half on one and then pulled out cause we were sick of waiting. So be prepared! It could be long. :(

Jessica said...

I can't believe you guys are buying a house! First of all that is AWESOME!! Having no experience buying a house take my advice like a grain of rice... but I voted for the "normal" finishes and the landscaped yard. I think I would rather have the yard and the basement ready to go and they upgrade some of that other stuff when you have the money... your kids will be hard on any fancy finishing anyway.

Falen said...

Okay so I tried to vote but I dont think that it counted it. I think that you should go with the normal stuff. I TOTALLY agree with Jessica. Putting in a sprinkling system and trees and fence and all that junk all adds up. Niel and I are also looking into finishing our basement and ya.. I dont even want to talk about the price tag or the man hours it would take. So there ya have it! Good Luck!! Ü

Falen said...

ya okay so sorry if I posted twice.. I wasnt really thinking LOL ( and please do not post this comment) Ü

Launa said...

I've seen the pictures. Both are nice, but the unfinished one gets my vote. It is way nice!You don't need a finished basement right off. The yard, though... I volunteer Mike and Tyler :) oh, I'll tend. j/k I'll help wherever I can if you do it after the wedding.

Blog Archive