Friday, February 24, 2012

I love free stuff!

Check out this gem I got for FREE on KSL Classifieds! I've been wanting a cute red accent chair since we've changed our living room into a "real" living room. But $$$$ is always the issue. But the stars aligned for us and just got the idea to check KSL. I found the chair and went and got it in about 3 hours. I love it! I think it completes the room. Finally! And I finally went and got some more blue paint to finish where I ran out.

So most of the stuff in this room was free or pretty darn cheap!
The couch we've had since we were married, we got the piano from a family friend, I made the pillows, the tall bookcase we've had for years, the mirror was my mom's that I just spray painted, all the "decorative balls I got the idea from a craft blog, and I won't tell you what I put Melody through to get the $ for the little book case. :)
I told Brian the other day I'm finally happy and content with this room. It was so nice when my Visiting Teachers came over to have a neat and clean room to sit in and chat with them. :)

3 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

Awesome! I love it! What a steal of a deal. The room looks great!

Amanda said...

Super cute! Love the blue/red combo.

Jen said...

what a cute room! you are the bargain extraodinaire! Come teach me your magic yoda!

Blog Archive