Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update

So here's a picture of Elise "napping," She's normally pretty good with nap time but I made a loud noise right by her door and woke her up. I'm hoping she'll just give up and go back to sleep. So anyways here is an up date with her poor "Dobby" hands. I took her into the pediatricians and they decided to pop the blisters and cut off the dead skin. I guess it's supposed to help it heal faster. That process though was pure torture for me and Elise. She of course wailed and wailed the whole time and she started to kick the nurse and the doctor while they were working on her. They did a really good job though considering all the kicking and flailing! I have sooooo much pity for Jessica and Daniel when Sophie has surgery on her wrist! Call me whenever you want to vent about how much they scream and hate being restrained I will totally listen! They told me though (I guess to make me feel better about the whole situation) that the burns are in a really good spot. If they were on the parts of her hand that bend they would have to take her to the burn unit. (Yikes!) So just another blessing in disguise I guess. :)

2 comments:

cami said...

Did she fall asleep on the floor? That is too funny. That must have been so hard for you to hold her while they were cutting off the burns. I can't imagine.

Jessica said...

That pictures is SOOOOO funny, is she trying to fit under the door? j/k Yeah, I am most definitely NOT looking forward to Sophie's surgery. But at least she'll be put to sleep for it all. As for poking her weekly to fill the expander... I decided that we'll probably have one of our medical student friends do that so she doesn't associate that terribleness we us!
I know this is a really long comment but I have one more thing to say. I once had a burn on my leg that formed a huge blister. The blister didn't hurt at all. But the doctor cut mine off too and I remember it hurting like CRAZY until they put the ointment on it. So I feel for you Elise!! Hope she heals up quick.

Blog Archive