Monday, April 14, 2008

More Trauma!


So we had some trauma this weekend. Poor Elise was climbing up the steps to my parents side door and put her hands on the metal threshold of the door, before I knew it she was screaming! So I felt the metal and realized it was really hot! (Because it was cooking in the sun all day and it's black!) So we rushed her to the sink and started putting cold water on her hands. She screamed for about 2 hours and all she wanted was mom and bear. It was so cute she would hold bear in one hand and put the other hand in the cold water then she would switch. So after she finally calmed down we put some burn cream on her hands then wrapped them up. Her hands remind me of Dobby's hands (from Harry Potter) after he ironed his hands. She's doing better today but has huge blisters on her hands. We didn't think the burn was bad enough to take her to the ER because they can't really do any more then we can. The way it all happened, I think it was just a fluke. Everyone that I've told how it happened was so shocked and agreed with me that they never would have thought a metal threshold would have been a problem. I've always kept Elise away from the stove and curling iron but never would have thought twice about a door! So all you parents or future parents out there beware of a metal threshold! I am taking her into the doctor today just to make sure everything looks good and it's not infected etc. So I'll keep you posted if anything else strange happens. But Elise has been such a trooper and so brave. I'm very proud of her!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ouch!! That is a cute story about the bear and the ice water. Poor sweetie pie, I wish I could give her a big hug! I'll keep Sophie away from door thresholds.
I like your new blog look by the way, very cute.

cami said...

Oh, Poor thing! I feel so bad for her. And that threshold does get very hot. My toes have gotten pretty toasty going in and out. But I didn't think it was hot enough to burn. Give Elise a big hug from us.

Blog Archive