Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Addition/False Alarm


I am proud to say I now have a nephew! Brian's brother Jason and his wife Jen got their baby boy on July 23, 2008. Elise and him were almost birthday buddies but it's still close enough. His name is Gavin Michael Wells. He weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19.5 inches. He is already very loved and wanted in the Wells family. Were so happy for Jason and Jen they couldn't be prouder parents!

Now for the false alarm story. So Saturday morning around 6:30 ish I woke up to a slight gush of water. It was exactly like when I was pregnant with Elise so I figured my water broke. But I am 3 weeks away from my due date. So we called my parents they came and stayed with Elise, we went to the hospital, had to check in. They made me change into a gown, listen to the babies heart beat, take my blood pressure. Brian and I were wondering if they were ever going to check and see if my water broke. Finally they check and they can't find any "leakage." (Grrrr after all that song and dance!) So they told me to change my clothes and go walk around for an hour. So Brian and I walked around the 5 story parking garage and the hospital and came back. Checked me again, still can't find any "leakage." (Oh bother!) So I asked them if I just wet my pants, they tried to make me feel better by telling me it could have been other fluid then amniotic. (Yeah like Pee?) So I guess I'm getting old and need to start wearing depends, I thought I still had a good 30 years before I crossed that bridge! Oh well, on the bright side I have been having contractions since then. My doctor told me if this would have happened closer to my due date they probably would have let me stay and would have induced me. (Blast!) So I think on 08/08/08 I'm going to fake it and go in. That's not abusing the system, right? Oh well, I do think the baby need to cook a little longer so I'm happy it was a false alarm. Just funny that I can't control my own bladder. :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Funny story, I thought my water broke with Sophie 2 times before it actually did. I'm suprised that it wasn't this time, aww well... go for 8/08/08!! :)

Brandi said...

I got to see cute Gavin on Saturday! What an amazing blessing he is! As for the rest of your post, can I just say, too funny! I love that you can take a story like this and put it out there for all of us to see. You are so cute! Here's to 8/8/08!

The Steeds said...

Oh, I had to laugh! Both of my boys were scheduled-- so, I wouldn't know anything about my water breaking. But what a great story. Thanks for sharing it! Best of luck and 8-8-08 sounds good to me, and your abusing the system-- just stretching it. :)

Jenny Alama said...

if you need any depends i have some :) they are even super absorancy. they dont hold a bottle and half of water though so hope your 'gush' is less than that or else there will be 'leakage'. just fyi

Blog Archive