Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh also....


I remember a lot of you guys were asking about Melody's cyst. Yes she was born with it, when the doctor "caught" her and cleaned her mouth out he said "hmmm what is that?" Not the best thing to say to someone who just gave birth! So I'm thinking she has 3 eyes or something, but no just a cyst luckily. So her pediatrician referred us to a plastic surgeon and we have scheduled a surgery in November. We don't know if it will affect her teeth or not we will have to wait and see when her teeth start to come in. The surgery should be fast and easy. We did just find out though that my aunt was diagnosed with a bleeding disorder that is hereditary and really manifest in the gums. Right where the cyst is, so if she has it and we didn't know she could really bleed a ton in the her mouth. But if she does have it then they will just give her some extra stuff during the surgery to help the bleeding.

4 comments:

The Steeds said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope that everything goes well for her and for you as well. PS- I really liked her blessing dress.

Jessica said...

Good luck with the surgery! You are braver than Dan and I were when we could have had Sophie's surgery at 2 months... we chickened out. But I regret it now, because at that age they will leave their stiches alone, since they aren't coordinated enough to mess with them. Plus she won't remember ANY of it! So I think it's an excellent choice to do it now.
Sorry for the LONG comment. :)

Cami said...

Best of luck with the surgery. I'm sure that's something you don't want to see your little one go through. But I'm sure it's for the best. And hopefully she doesn't bleed to bad.

Jenny Alama said...

I LOVE MY NIECES! that is all. :)

Blog Archive