Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I thought Sunday was a day of rest!?

Ok before I start my story I have to say I love my calling very much.... So Sunday rolled around and I knew some people must have forgot about daylight savings. So when sacrament started I was surprised to see a pretty good turn out. But as the hour kept going I kept looking around for the members of the primary presidency (I'm the 2nd counselor) and I couldn't see any of them. Then as I kept scanning the congregation I could only see one nursery teacher and we have to nurseries! Then towards the end the one nursery teacher ran out!? I wasn't planning on teaching sharing time so my mind starts to think what can we do????? Play hangman!? So during the closing song I ran out into the hall just to make sure, and there is our primary president, her husband (who is a nursery teacher) and another nursery teacher. They all forgot it was daylight savings! (sigh, and now I can breath) Our poor secretary was really really late and showed up in the middle of primary. So I was relieved I didn't have to teach and also find subs for nursery. So I do my normal stuff, checking on the teachers making sure everything is ok. We had a few sunbeams break down. (but that's a normal occurrence) I had Melody with me and she was just sitting on her blanket playing with toys. So as soon as primary was running remotely smooth, I sat in my seat, pick up Melody and put her on my lap. bounced her a few times and then realized she'd had a blowout! All over her dress and my dry clean only skirt! So I scoop her up and the diaper bag and rush to the ladies room. I luckily had a onesie to put her in, cleaned her up and went to go find Brian. He was being a good boy sitting in Sunday school. So I had to go into Sunday school with my poop skirt to get the keys and had over my poop machine of a child. The whole time people were looking at me like, does she know she has yellow stuff on her skirt? I rush home to change and throw Melody's dress in the wash. Come back to church and primary is almost over. (Urgh!) I know Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but it normally is my most crazy day! That day is an extreme, it's normally not that bad, but wow I thought I was going to pass out from the stress! Oh and on top of that it was our fast Sunday and I am now finally able to fast again. (I've had a year and a half break between being pregnant and nursing) Not the best day to go without food. On a better note were now under contract with a home! We still have a lot to do, but yay! I'm glad to finally be to this point!

4 comments:

Royce and Annika said...

Sunday a day of rest? Hah. It's the worst--between callings and kids being off schedule and making nice Sunday dinners and visiting family, I think it's more work than the rest of the week put together!

KColton said...

Oh my goodness...the poop part of the horrific story was shocking. I have never been in that situation but I know I would have been a basket case. How did you handle it so well? Is your skirt salvageable?

Jen said...

Sorry Sunday was so crazy for you. It's crazy for me and Jason too with meetings. During church is a joke. Our church meets during his afternoon nap and he won't fall asleep in our arms anymore, so we're out in the hall with a fussy boy the whole time. love ya. congrats on the house.

Launa said...

LOL!!I can picture the whole run around with guk on your skirt, find Brian, run home, run back, stress! So been there!! I'm so excited for you guys getting your house. You have been hunting awhile now.

Blog Archive