Monday, April 6, 2009

A Loooooooong Weekend

This weekend was very productive but very long! We got a ton done on our house, (I love saying that, our house!) But we were very exhausted by Sunday. We painted the girls rooms:
Elise's room, before
After

Melody's room, before
After
Candice loving every minute of painting!

Jason doing the "potty dance"

I really got into it!


Brian wearing my mom's "painting shirt." She got it for $1.80, we think she paid too much :)

Jenny and Fez dropped off our washer and dryer for us, after they unloaded Fez pulled his truck into the field behind us to unload his sandbags and got stuck in the mud. It was a huge muddy mess. We had to have our neighbors come and pull his truck out, great way to meet your neighbors! :)

Last we needed to put in a garage door opener. The previous owners took it with them!? They were foreclosed on so they were pretty ticked and took a lot of things. Our house is set up for central vac but they took the vacuum that runs it!? I know strange!

Were so happy we got all that done before the big move this coming weekend. Thanks a million to my family coming down and helping and thanks Brian's family for watching the girls so we could get all this done. Also thanks Fez and Jenny for driving out to drop off out washer and dryer. We couldn't have done it without any of you guys!

10 comments:

Katies Korner said...

Looks SO great! We are excited for you, but also sad to see you leave. We will have to get together at your house soon!

Jessica said...

Good work! So I guess you decided not to paint your room too... good call. Looks like you got your fill of painting for sure! The girls' rooms look awesome, I epecially like Melody's white panelling stuff, so cute! Good luck with the move, too bad we can't help, our loss! :)

Jana said...

Love it. I really like Melody's room. Was the bottom part hard? Can't wait to see what life is like outside the village... We'll miss you guys SO much

Shelly said...

Congratulations! It looks awesome. I especially love Melody's room. Good luck with the big move!

Jen said...

Way to go guys! Y'all got a lot done! The house looks great. We can't wait to see it in May.

The Steeds said...

I totally love Melody's room! And my hat is off you for all of that painting! Kudos, for sure!

Jenny Alama said...

you're welcome. guess i should actually be saving that for this weekend... jk looks great! love ya! :)

Brandi said...

So excited for you guys! I can't wait to see it when you get moved in :)

Falen said...

You always dreamed of painting your "own" walls whatever colors you want, then once you start..you wonder, what in the heck was I thinking!! lol. Looks Great! Sorry we couldnt make it last friday. We hope to be able to come see it once you are all settled.

Cami said...

I LOVE the colors you chose to paint. They make me happy :) Good work guys, you should be proud!

Blog Archive