Monday, August 10, 2009

Girls Camp Booya!

I survived Girls Camp! And Boy did I have a great time! I was called back in June as a girls camp assistant director. Since it was a stake camp I wasn't too stressed being called fairly close to camp. The stake plans about 85% of it and we fill in the other 15%. We got to go to the Heber Valley Camp, with cabins, running water, electricity, and showers! (When I went to girls camp our version of a shower was a water fight!) Needless to say we were spoiled. It is such a wonderful campground. It has a ropes course and a lake with paddle boats and canoes. I of course didn't have my camera for those though (Dough!) But the best part of camp were our girls, we were planning on 16 girls then 2 dropped out, then 4 dropped out the night before! We were pretty bumed but the rest of the girls that came were super fun!

We each had our own bed but we had some girls that wanted to share!?

This was our only first year, Kaylie. She was such a little ball of energy! She is sooo tiny, she came to my elbow. She brought these P.J.'s and we provided the accessories to make our baby well......look like a baby.

Some of our girls hanging out in our cabin.

This is my girls camp BFF, Meegan. She was so funny to be around, and we found out on the last night we have the same birthday!

Playing games, I know most of these pictures are in the cabin, we really did leave once in a while.

These 2 are sisters, I didn't believe them at first. They look nothing a like.

Making home made root beet! MMMMMMMMM!
It was so nice to be in the wilderness for almost 5 days. We all got along for the most part. :) (girls will be girls) I was surprised how many camp songs I remembered, (I think they stick with you for life!) We all got awards at the end of camp, I got the BFF award. But then a majority of the girls thought I need the 25 going on 15 award. I didn't quiet know how to take that......

2 comments:

Katies Korner said...

You should have gotten the 25 going on 15 award! I know its true :)

Hayley Neil said...

I am super jealous you got to go to girls' camp. I got released from Young Womens and I still don't think I have fully recovered from it. I miss it so much! Looks like you had a blast and are, of course, very loved!

Blog Archive