Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Taste of my own Medicine.

Elise is such a funny girl, but I really never realized how much she listens to me or how much of me wears off on her. Yesterday we were in the car doing some errands and she'd asked me for the 10th time where we were going. I told her very sternly, I'd already told her where we were going and to not ask again. She then very timidly said, "I just want to talk to mommy." Oh my heart melted and I felt terrible! I apologized very fast and tried to continue a conversation with her. I guess I never realized or thought about that even a 3 year old likes conversation. Later that day though we were snuggling on the recliner and she said something I didn't understand so I said, "what did you say?" Her reply was,"I already told you! Don't ask again!" Yup felt like poop! Moral of the story, be careful what you say to your kids it will come back to bite you in the butt!

3 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

HAHAHA! that is too funny. i would feel just as horrible i'm sure. i'll have to keep this in the mental notes for myself when i have a child of my own some day.

Jessica said...

Awwww, what a sweetie! It's good to know that she adores you, not that she wants to annoy you though. Sophie scolds her dolls (and Tessa) in the same way I do her and that always makes me feel bad. I feel completely justified when I do it, but when it comes out of her mouth it's totally different! Elise is lucky to have you, even if you lose your patience every once in awhile. :) Totally understandable. Our kids make us better people.

KColton said...

hehe :) That totally made me laugh! You're an awesome mommy and she'll forget what you said soon enough!

Blog Archive