Thursday, August 20, 2009

I pulled it off!


My whole life I have never been able to lie, not to my parents, siblings, friends or my husband. If I had to lie to save my life I would probably be dead! But for the first time in my life I did! Your probably thinking why would I be so proud of such a thing? Well lets go back to last year August 20th, 2008. It was 5 days after we'd had Melody and it was Brian's birthday. I'm pretty sure all I did for his birthday was give him a kiss :). I had a very good excuse though, a baby who was 5 days old. But as Brian's birthday was coming again I felt like I had to redeem myself. So I called up Annika to get her and Royce (who works with Brian) in on the deception. I wanted to take Brian to Seven Peaks Water Park, it's only $6 if you come after 6:00. I had convinced Brian our friends the Colliers need our car to move stuff so I had to drive him to work. (wink wink) (which he was a little confused and put out about) Royce told Brian he wanted to go play tennis after work (wink wink) and so it worked out that Brian didn't have a car. Annika and I were going to get together and play while our husbands played tennis (wink wink). But after work when they got in the car Royce said Brian wasn't allowed to ask any questions :) And off he drove. Brian called me while Annika and I were waiting in the Seven Peaks parking lot asking me what I was doing. "Oh you know just sitting at home playing with the girls, Annika and I are getting together soon." (wink wink!) Then Brian proceeds to tell me he thinks Royce is kidnapping him. I just told him to call 911 if Royce does anything that makes him feel uncomfortable. :) But then they arrived and we all said Happy Birthday! I did it! I pulled it off! Brian didn't have any idea until they were right next to Seven Peaks! Thanks Riddles for playing along. Thanks Jenny and Fez for coming too. We had a great time.

Happy Birthday Moose! Not too many guys can say they celebrated their 29th birthday at Seven Peaks :) Thanks for all you do. You work so hard for our family. Your a great husband and dad, and even though your almost 30 and balding I'm so glad your mine! ;)

2 comments:

Katies Korner said...

I think that I earned some thanks...Brian seemed really annoyed! I hope he knows that it wasnt our idea! HAPPY BIRHTDAY BRIAN!

Jessica said...

Wow Ann, what an accomplishment!! I'm a terrible liar as well, but Dan should be a poker player he's so good at it. Maybe it's in your genes after all!
A very Happy Birthday to Brian, that is cool he's almost 30 and still going down water slides.

Blog Archive