Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Version of Witches Night Out :)

Every year my mother in law and all the girls on her side of the family get together for SOFAGE: Sister Out For A Great Escape! This year we did our own Witches Night Out. Friday I of course didn't have my camera so no pictures of that day. But we met at Grandma Bryson's house dressed as witches, ate dinner then walked around Walmart's trying to find some shirts. It was quiet funny to see all the camera phones that came out. Then we came home had dessert and did some "witchy things." :) Ok not really but Brian's Aunt is ummmmm, I don't know what to call her accept she's "sensitive to those on the other side." I know kind of crazy, but she did some Angel readings for us. Kind of like Yarrow cards. And it was crazy how much she knew about me. It was really fun.



Now on Saturday I did have my camera but only got to be their for half the day. My SIL Jenny and I met the "Witchy group" at the Gateway, some how the information got crossed and we didn't wear our witch paraphernalia to the Gateway.




So Jenny and I were really sad. :(

Sweet stockings!



But then some of them gave us their hats and black lipstick and we were happier!


These two are Brian's Aunts, I love them! They are totally the life of the party.



Brian's Grandma is the funniest lady, I love her purple highlights.


Then she pulled out her green wig! I hope I'm like that when I'm her age.



Grandma had the coolest hat, you can't hear it but it sings "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"








We also made up our own "Incantation" So we of course had to do it in the middle of Gateway :)



Later that night we did a "Ghost Tour" Where you get on a bus and they drive you all over Down Town and tell you ghost stories. Some of the places they'd let you get out and take pictures. This is a picture in the Salt Lake Cemetery I got. I think the mist is just a reflection from another persons flash, but some people in my group said they can see a guy walking down the road. I don't but I could also never see the pictures in the Magic Eye books either. What do you think? (Dun dun dun!)
Hands down the best SOFAGE I've ever been to! Thanks Launa for planning such a great weekend.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW, looks pretty crazy! I would have HATED the ghost stories, I get too caught up in that kind of thing. Sounds like you have it under control though! And no, I only see trees, no man walking.

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! Really wish I could have been there! Did you like the Ghost Tour? Seems cool, but a little creepy, especially after your supposed picture of a ghost! :)

Jenny Alama said...

hoorah for sofage! hoorah for witch hats and black lipstick! hoorah for incantations! what a fun weekend!

Launa said...

We witches know how to have a good time!! Thanks to all for participating!!

Blog Archive