Tuesday, August 24, 2010

True Inspiration

Now I never thought my testimony would grow during potty training. But Heavenly Father cares about all of our problems and frustrations. We started potty training Melody almost 3 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks she was doing pretty well. Even at night. Then she went in for her 2 year check up last Monday. The check up went fine, the NP was very impressed she was potty trained. I told the NP about a cough she's had for 3 weeks and she thought it was allergies. Told me to get children's Zyrtec for her. Plus she got 2 shots and a flu mist. That day I could tell she didn't feel good and had a hard time making it to the potty. I figured it was the shots and just tried to be patient and wait it out. I started her on Zyrtec that Monday also. The rest of the week she did pretty horrible going potty. She'd pee in her underwear and act confused and almost never make it to the potty. I was very frustrated and turned to the Lord for guidance. I knew she could do it, because she was making it to the potty before. I prayed several times a day to the Lord for strength, patients and guidance to help Melody. Sunday morning as I thought to my self "I need to give the girls their Zyrtec" I had inspiration hit me! You need to Google Zyrtec and bladder control. So I jumped on the computer right away and did some research. I found out that antihistamines can cause bladder control problems and bed wetting, especially with children! Right then it all started to make sense! Around Monday is when all the problems started. I'd been giving Melody Zyrtec 1-2 times a day. I'd also been giving it to Elise and she's been fine but she's been potty trained for almost 2 years. Melody is still in the new phase of understanding her body. When Brian got home from his meetings I told him what I found and he was baffled that I would even think to research something like that. We both decided to not give her Zyrtec and see if she improves. That day we started to see improvement. She did great at church, that night she had a few accidents. But yesterday (Monday) she didn't have ONE accident! She made it to the potty every time and kept her underwear dry every time! Today (Tuesday) She's been great too. Her allergies have come back but I think I just have to let her live with them for now. You can't believe how much I've thanked the Lord for listening to my my prayers and helping me. It has really helped me understand He wants to help us with everything in our lives, if we just ask. Even with something as small as potty training. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU Heavenly Father. I will apply this lesson to more things in my life.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

That's amazing. I'm so glad your testimony is growing, and yes, inspiration can come in some pretty strange places.:)

Jenny Alama said...

Such a sweet, simple testimony that we NEED Christ daily in our lives, with everything we do. So happy to hear she is doing better and I hope her allergies go away soon.

Jessica said...

What a sweet story, thanks for sharing it! If we need divine help at anytime it is during potty training for sure! That is the hardest thing I've ever done... I plan to keep Tessa in diapers forever. :) So glad to hear Melody is doing better.

Mindee said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Ann. Funny how small something can seem, but our Heavenly Father really does hear us when we take the time to ask. Thank goodness we have this knowledge. I'm glad Melody is doing better :)

Blog Archive