Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mormon Blogs....

So I read this online article here. It's long but interesting. I did think it was interesting that other people think we live a perfect life making cupcakes and crafts, staying home with our wonderful children. What I guess we need to make more clear is our lives and children are a far cry from perfect, and at least for me getting to stay home is a sacrifice. If I worked full time we could have twice the home we have, fancy cars, and the best clothes. If you get a chance read it and tell me what you think. :)

2 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

I read it when it came out and thought it was interesting too. It's funny cause I follow a lot of the blogs but not because they are mormon, its because I like the crafts. And I think about half of the blogs I do follow are NOT Mormon. We really are like some of the people out there... just maybe a bit more peculiar ;)

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting this article! I am in charge of speaking in our combined RS/P meeting on Sunday talking about how we can/should talk about our religion on our blogs.
Yes, being a stay at home mom is hard and we are giving up something. But I think the definition of sacrifice is giving up something you want for something BETTER.
The article really proves how innate it is for us to desire to have a family and a good reassurance to us who didn't choose a career that we would not be as happy as we are now. Makes me smile, I'm so glad I know the truth!

Blog Archive