Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm coming clean......:)



Hi, my name is Ann and I'm a "coupon er." Yes yes, I'm one of "those" people you dread being behind in line. I have a binder, with dividers so I can keep them all organized and pretty. I get several newspapers, just for the coupons. I've never read any of the newspapers we get. But I do make sure they go into the recycling! I try not to clear the shelves at stores, unless it's a scream in deal, then it's every man for themselves. :) I was introduced to this addicting hobby about a year ago by my friend Katie, at the time I just found out I was pregnant and lacked all motivation and energy to start anything. I think I was more discouraged to start, so I put it on the back burner. I was noticing how much great stuff my friends were getting, and building up a good stock pile. I knew having a baby would mean buying diapers and eventually formula. And I didn't know how I would make that work since we were barley getting by. So about 2 months after Ray was born I asked my friend Tammy to "hold my hand" and help me start the process. I thought it would be so hard and frustrating, but I was wrong. It was kind of tricky at first, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Our fridge, pantry (and we have a huge one!), cold storage and freezer are pretty full. I love to just look at it sometimes. I'm spending about the same amount but getting about twice as much! Ray's closet is full of diapers and wipes, he's in a size 2 right now and I've started buying size 4's because were so stocked up on 2's and 3's! All of them I got at about 1/2 price. We have about 8 cans of formula sitting in our pantry that I got at about 1/2 the price too. We've got cereal, granola bars, soap, toothpaste, chicken nuggets, frozen veggies, pizza, yogurt and so much more! This has been such a blessing. Who knew saving money could be so addicting! So I'm sorry for those people who get stuck behind me in the check out line. but I'm saving my family a ton of money! :)

3 comments:

Teandra said...

Yahoo! I love couponing too!

Mandy @ Raising Little Dudes said...

YAY! I'm a binder loving, deal running couponer too, I'm still in the closet about it though, alot of people don't know yet. Do you follow any websites? I have a few that I follow but they are all based out of Utah, stupid Ohio!

Jessica said...

You're so cool! When I have a pantry and a basement, I'll be giving you a call for some tips. :) Go Ann!!

Blog Archive