Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Big Girl

Elise has been so adorable these last few weeks I just had to brag about my girl. A few weeks ago we discovered Elise knew her letters (well about 80% of them, but that's good for a kid that's not even 2 yet!) At Brian's parents house they have some letters on a wall that spells Wells, Elise looked at them and said, "W." So I pointed to the rest of the letters and she knew them! So when we got home I pulled out my alphabet flashcards and drilled her and was shocked that she knew so much! She also knows the alphabet in sign language too! I wish I could take credit for my genius daughter but I can't, I haven't been working with her at all. So now this week we've started potty training. We've only been doing this for about 2 days and man I didn't realize how hard it is. Yesterday (the first day) she went in the potty once (yeah!), but by the end of the day I was exhausted! I wasn't sure how much longer I could do this. But today she went in the potty twice! I'm so proud of her, but the funny thing is she didn't care about the rewards (you know like a sticker or a sucker) she wanted to read her books. Silly girl. She really has been maturing so much. Her speaking improves daily and lately she's been obsessed with the Baby Einstein's "Meet the Orchestra" she loves to see and say all the instruments (who knew!) I love my girl so much and I am so proud of her and all of her remarkable accomplishments!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

WOW, that's so great! Great work, I'm sure you had a hand in it... stop being so modest. :)
Not to scare you or anything (I'm sure you already know anyway) but I've been told potty training is the hardest part of being a parent. But girls are supposed to be easier, and it sounds like she's doing really well! How awesome would it be to only have one kid in diapers at a time!! I hadn't even considered it. Elise is so smart. Love her big cheesy grin by the way, hilarious.

Blog Archive