Monday, July 14, 2008

East Canyon

Well this last weekend my family had it's sometimes annual East Canyon get-a-way. We try to go every year but it didn't happen last year. This year we only had half the Chapman children, we still had a great time but Matt, Cami, Daniel, Jessica and Sophie were in our thoughts while we were up there. So pretty much everything we did revolved around water; swimming and boating! Now Elise hasn't had a ton of experience around big pools or lakes so we were worried how things might go. But with a life jacket on she felt a little more secure. Elise really liked the boat and we did get her on the tube a few times. We had to convince her it was a fun thing to do and she reluctantly agreed. She actually started to fall asleep the first time she was on the tube, until it hit a small wave and she almost fell off, that really woke her up! I think her favorite part about the boat was just dangling her feet off the back. I even got in the water for a few minutes, I put on the XXL life jacket and it fit around my belly but once I was in the water everything shifted and I could almost slip out of it! Everyone had a great laugh at my expense. Brian did some wake boarding and he also slalomed. It's been 2 days since we were on the lake and he's still feeling it in muscles he forgot existed. That night I had a blanket over my legs and they were resting on the coffee table. Elise some how decided this was her new "boat" she climbed on my legs and got in between them and moved the blanket so she could sit in it. She kept telling everyone this was her boat, I still don't follow but it was cute. We had a great time and Elise's first experience at East Canyon was a great one! It was nice to get away from the world for a few days and this trip meant even more to me when my doctor restricted me to only 50 miles from the hospital. So this was our families only trip this summer. I'm glad everything went well and we had a great time.




3 comments:

Cami said...

Looks like you guys had a TON of fun. So sad that we couldn't be there with you :( Elise looks super cute in her life jacket and sunglasses - a true sun bum :)

Jessica said...

So glad you got to go! I was worried you wouldn't be allowed. Loved the pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun. Love Elise's "boat" kids can be so funny!

Brandi said...

Looks like a fun trip! And yay to you for braving the water! Tell Brian that I also rediscovered some muscles I had forgotten about on my trip to Bear Lake. I couldn't move for 2 days! And did you see my black eye and ugly leg bruise? ;)

Blog Archive