Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4th of July!







So I know this is a little late but oh well, better then nothing right? Our 4th of July started on the 3rd, we went to the ReAL soccer game. My Dad's company sponsors the fireworks show every year so they always have free tickets to give to the the family. Free always makes it worth going. No one scored the whole game but ReAL did pretty good, I guess? I was preoccupied with Elise and her Friend Quinton, trying to give them some of the snow cone and making sure they didn't spill on me or them. Oh and did I mention the concrete stairs we were sitting next to. Toddlers always gravitate to things they can get hurt on. But we survived the game and everyone enjoyed the fireworks! Les Olsen Company never disappoints! Then the next day we just hung out with my mom and dad. Elise swam in the kiddie pool, my mom and I sewed and Brian "studied" aka took a nap in the basement. Then our friends the Loftus' came over for a barbecue. It's never a dull moment with the Loftus family. Then we just did fireworks in the circle. Elise really liked being so close to the fireworks, but was sooooo tired by the end of the night. She slept in until 9:00 a.m. the next day! Mom and Dad loved that part! So here are some of the pictures from the soccer game. On the 4th I thought I forgot my camera until that night when we were leaving I realized it was in the diaper bag. Curse my pregnant brain!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I love the 4th! Looks like you all had fun. Email me when you get a minute and tell me the latest news with your baby.

Cami said...

I remember those fireworks. They do a great job every year. Good to hear you guys are keeping up the family tradition. Maybe next year we'll be able to join you.

Jessica said...

I was thinking of you guys and the ReAL game over the weekend. I'm glad you got to go. Fireworks are so fun! Good for Elise staying up AND especially for sleeping in the next morning. You deserve it! :)

Blog Archive