Sunday, October 26, 2008

Melody's surgery



Well that dreadful day has come and gone, and you know what.... it really wasn't that bad! Not sure what I'm talking about? Well Melody was born with a cyst in the front of her mouth. Naturally we needed to have it removed since it would be in the way of her teeth and it was kind of ugly. So on Friday bright and early we headed to Primary Children's. We really had a great experience. You can see in the pictures she had a little mini hospital gown, and they let us walk her to the OR doors. She did do the saddest face though when we had to give her to the anaesthesiologist and say good bye. :( But the surgery was only 45 minutes!


She was super groggy though when they let us see her. She couldn't go home until she had about 4 oz. of clear liquid and was some what alert. So we had to poke her for about an hour before she would do anything. It was kind of funny though to see her try and suck on the bottle. She was numb, and I'm guessing it's kind of like after you get a cavity filled. Your telling your mouth to suck but it wont respond.






So after we took her home we were expecting a fussy screaming child, but she's been great! We were able to go to a Halloween party and the zoo and she never acted in pain.








And now we have a happy baby!

We love you Melody and are so happy your surgery went so well!

11 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

hahaha! i absolutely LOVE that last picture. Oh so happy she is happy.

The Steeds said...

I am so glad that everything went well. When Spencer was 10 mo. we had to take him to Priamry's to have his tear duct open. All I can say is that Primary's is one of the best hospitals and I am glad to have it so close.

Falen said...

Its great to hear that everthing went so well. I think a lot of times it's harder on us parents than it is the little ones. She is so cute!!

THE RIGBY'S said...

I am glad that her surgery went well. She looks like she's happy that its over too!

Aryn said...

I bet you are relieved to have that over with!! She looks like she is happy too!
I'm glad I finally checked my email to find the blog invite... I wondered why it said you hadn't updated in two weeks! Blogs are great I love seeing your sweet little girls (and you & Brian)!

Cami said...

Yeah! I'm so glad everything went well and that she has been happy! I'm sure that makes it whole a lot easier.

Hayley Neil said...

I am so happy everything went so well! I bet it was probably harder on you and Brian than Melody. She is a sweet little thing! I love the last picture, she is totally your child Ann!!! Happy and full of life!!

KColton said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the surgery...that's so stressful! I'm glad you posted the happy picture at the end of the post because the first two pics were devoid of color and made me so sad to see! I'm so happy for your little family!

Jessica said...

I forgot your blog is private again!! I need to do something with my list to mark the private ones so I don't forget.

Anyway, I was thinking that her surgery had happened and was suprised you hadn't posted anything! (duh) Very glad to hear that it went well. It helps me be not so scared to get Sophie's mole removed someday. That last picture is awesome!!

Mr & Mrs Leo & the 4 Little T's said...

Awww... I'm so glad all went well with her surgery! Send our love to your beautiful lil' girls! When things are less crazy around here I will be sending you some Christmas hats for the girls! Take care...

Jana said...

OH I'm so glad to be able to see your blog again. What a cute picture of Melody. I love her smile. Thanks for the permission to view your life again :)
PS how do you know Jenny Davidson... wait what is her married name.. steele?

Blog Archive