Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just an update


Sorry for such a negative post the other day, things are a ton better now. It has finally clicked for Elise and life is great! I'm still afraid to take her places but I think I will get over that phobia soon. She is such a big girl now! I'm so proud of her. When we started potty training we were using this "3 day method" and by day 3 I was oober frustrated. But after Brian went back to work and it was just me she really made a huge improvement. I think it helped to just have one person helping her not two. I'm thinking we were giving her mixed signals so we were just confusing the heck out of her. Poor thing. (Also no offense to Brian, I love you sweetie!) But she's gone a full 24 hours with out an accident! (knock on wood)

5 comments:

Falen said...

You are my hero..lol. I haven't even really thought about that whole ordeal yet. I hear boys take a little longer to potty train anyway so I am not going to force him into it yet! But I bet it is so nice to just have one in diapers now!!

Laura said...

I am in the same boat! I think you are amazing!

Jessica said...

Way to go!! (both of you) That is VERY exciting. I've heard that potty training is the ARMPIT of parenting, so once you've mastered that it's all fun and games right? :)
By the way, what is the 3 day method? And did you get her a child potty or a chair to fit on the big one? I have been thinking about these things and would appreciate your input.

Launa said...

Been there. Done that. Hang in there. Good luck to all of you and remember -- this too shall come to pass... :)

THE RIGBY'S said...

Way to to Elise and Mom!! Potty training does suck,literally! You probably remember me complaining about Quinton and trying to get him potty trained. Well I can now tell you that all that "crap" with soon subsideand it sounds like it is starting to. Hang in there! Just think, at least she is not a boy...LOL

Blog Archive