Thursday, January 29, 2009

The things you'll do for free.



Yesterday (January 28th) was a free day at the zoo. I was so excited and planning on going for a few days. So when I woke up that morning it of course looked cold but nothing threating. So I got all of us all bundled up and ready to go, and of course as I was leaving it started to snow! I figured though even if we stay for only 10 minutes it's not like we'd be out any money! And it took me forever to get us all bundled up, plus it takes us about a minute to get there from out apartment. So off we went! We all had such a great time. The girls were so great and Elise especially loved seeing everything. Now they of course don't have all the animals out, I can't imagine the elephants playing in the snow. I think Elise's favorite part was the monkeys and gorillas. Especially for free it was well worth it! (On a side note I also found out my stroller mixed with my sketchers and hills is a bad combo, I was slipping all over the place!)

3 comments:

Katies Korner said...

Looks like fun...wish we could have gone but we all have colds so it was better that we didnt go and make them worse!

Cami said...

Glad you were able to take your little snow bunnies to see all the animals. It's so different in the winter, all the cats are a lot more active. So that part's fun.

The Steeds said...

Looks like you had a good time! We love going to the zoo so much that I got a pass. It is good for walking and wearing out the kids for a good naptime.

Blog Archive