Friday, March 11, 2011

Recently I've noticed...

So with my growing tummy I've noticed a few different things this time being pregnant.
1. I wasn't as sick as I was with my girls. I would get sick around 5:00 P.M. and then I would go to bed. Plus I never threw up! :)
2. My hair isn't growing as fast as it did with the girls, which I am slightly bummed about since I'm in the mood for long hair again. :(
3. He is sooooooo low in my stomach! It's painful how low he is! I can feel my lower abdomen muscles stretching in pain.
4. My joints and back HATE ME! I try sleeping with a pillow between my legs but that hardly does anything. I am very grateful for my jetted tub and my chiropractor, it's been a HUGE lifesaver. I'm already waddling, yay for 3 more months of this!
5. I don't sleep as well as I did with my last 2 pregnancy's. When I was pregnant with the girls all I needed to do was have my head hit the pillow and I was gone until morning. But every time I rollover in my bed I wake up, every time the furnace goes off I wake up. Every time Brian moves I wake up. I'm not used to not sleeping well when I'm pregnant, so this has been an adjustment.
6. I've had heartburn, which I did with the others but no chest pain like I had with Melody. But I know I still have a chance of having it since I have 3 more months left. But I do have moments where my chest gets really heavy, Brian thinks they are anxiety. I don't know why I'd be having anxiety, my body is only going through H E double hockey sticks?!
7. Tons of bracston hicks contractions.
8. Full placenta Previa, not just partial like last time. So far though it hasn't given me any problems or restrictions. But I can just feel them coming, this was around the time he restricted my travel to no more than 50 miles from the hospital. My doctor is not hopeful it will migrate out of the way of the cervix. So right now were planning on a c-section memorial weekend (ish). Which scares the Beegeebas out of me! I though am still thinking happy positive thoughts, that maybe the placenta will be good to me and MOVE!
9. I take my glucose test on Monday, but my doctor gave me an alternative to the orange junk. He said I could eat a King size Snickers bar instead! They have the same amount of sugar. The thought of eating a Snickers at 8:00 A.M. is not too exciting to me though, but it's doctors orders, right? :)
10. The best thing though is that were having a BOY! Were of course happy to just have a baby on the way. I'm scared and excited at the same time to get a son. Brian tries to play it cool, but I know he's really excited to get some testosterone in the house. It's been a change to look at the "blue side" at stores and I have to really focus hard to look at boy fabric. It's hard when you've been in "Girl Mode" for the last 5 years to have to suddenly switch your brain.

So there you go, in case you were wondering all the things that were bouncing around in my head. Maybe, and I said MAYBE I might post a prego picture. But most of you know how much I hate prego pictures of myself. Most people in my ward tell me I hardly look pregnant, but I think it's because when you compare me to my friend who is having twins I of course look small!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So sorry for your joint and back pain! It's interesting how different each pregnancy and baby, for that matter, can be. I say YES to a prego picture!

Jessica said...

Always fun to hear what's going on in your brain! I can't believe we're both having boys, Brian sent me a text that said, "Quit copying us!" I laughed pretty hard. I'm not trying to copy you, by the way. :) I hope you can get some more sleep, that must be annoying!

Blog Archive