Monday, March 21, 2011

Sick Girl

This was too funny I just had to document it.

Poor Melody is going on day 4 with a temperature. She's been miserable all weekend, but very snugly at least. But last night around 3:00 AM I heard her door open, so I just layed quietly to see if she was going potty or if she would come in our room. She came into our room but walked right past my side of the bed to Brian's bed. She told Daddy she wanted to get in our bed. We decided long ago that our children wouldn't sleep in our bed. Brian very nicely got out of bed and walked her back to her room and rubbed her back. This was very strange, she has never done that before. Then around 6:45 I heard her door open, so I waited to see who came out but no one ever came to my room. So like a good mom I fell back asleep for another 15 minutes. :) But I did eventually get up. I walked to the girls room and saw Elise still sleeping in her room, but no Melody I saw the lights on downstairs and was confused. Brian had already woke around 4:30 and left for boot camp and work, so I know he wasn't downstairs. So I walked downstairs and see Melody curled up on the couch with a pillow and no blanket. Poor girl, I really don't know what she was thinking/ doing. She always comes to get me when she wakes up. She must REALLY not feel well, she kept doing things not like her.

I've debated all day if I should take her to the doctor. Does any other mom's have that problem when their kids get sick? I have a hard time "drawing the line in the sand" and saying "Yes, we need to take her in." I decided to give it one more day to see if she feels better, then I'll take her in if she is still acting miserable. Plus we've been to the doctor A LOT this year between ear infections, pink eye, swallowing a quarter, and strep throat. Did I mention it's only March!? But I'm grateful we have insurance and a great pediatrician that never mocks or questions when I bring my kids in.

Needless to say I've pretty tired of sick kids. :(

3 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

Poor girl! Your kiddos really have been sick for a long time. Time for spring to come so they can get better! (And poor mom too!)

Jessica said...

I would just try and make sure she doesn't have a UTI, if she doesn't a fever is only a concern if it lingers for over 5 days on a kid her age. So go sniff her pee Ann. :) That's my advice, since UTI's are really dangerous and my cousin recently put off going to the doctor to get her daughter looked at (for a fever) and she had a seizure, lost consciousness and stopped breathing! Yikes, all because she had an untreated UTI. Not to freak you out of anything. :)

Cami said...

Poor thing...I always struggle with knowing when to go to the doctor too. It's a tough one. Hope she feels better soon!

Blog Archive